I was in a shearing shed with a kid named James who would later die in a house fire. There was a grinding device connected to an electric motor by a chain like you’d find on a bicycle only more heavy-duty. He told me to put my finger on the chain, so being a naive little scamp, I did. Then he proceeded to lunge at the power switch and turn it on. My fingernail went black, then fell off over the period of a few months. True story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *